Maxxeon WorkStar 00500 DROID Technician's Rechargeable Mini Headlamp
The MAXXEON WorkStar® 500 DROID Technician's Rechargeable Mini Headlamp is an inexpensive, high performance alternative to Alkaline battery powered headlamps. Instead of expensive AA or AAA batteries, the DROID uses the latest LiPo (Li-ion Polymer) rechargeable battery technology to provide an amazing brightness of 400 lumens, with a long run time of 2 hours. Plus it never needs batteries! Instead it has a standard micro USB input, so you can recharge it almost anywhere. And it has a built-in battery indicator, so you always know the status of the battery. The wide, even light beam can be tilted down by 72 degrees. In addition, the headrest includes a comfortable foam pad and the nylon headband easily adjusts to any head size.
The On/Off switch cycles through the Low and High brightness settings for easy operation (Low-High-Off...). The High setting provides a very bright level of 400 daylight white lumens, with a run time of 2 hr. The Low setting provides a very practical level of 160 lm for 5 hr. The recharge time is only 2 hours. The light beam is free from bright spots and shadows. The DROID features a wide beam that tilts down 72 degrees through 6 indented positions, so you don't have to move your head around to aim the beam.
Unlike most of the competition, the WorkStar® 500 is USB rechargeable. Forget Alkaline batteries, just plug the included USB cord into the USB jack in your truck or laptop or even the USB output port of our WorkStar® 5400 LUMENATOR®Sr. And you will always know the status of the LiPo battery because the DROID has 4 green LEDs that work in 25% increments to show the battery level while in use and while charging. With a comfortable headrest and weighing in at only 11 ounces, this is a professional headlamp that you can wear all day.
We invite you to compare performance, versatility, durability and operating costs with ordinary headlamps, and then do what thousands of techs and tradespeople have done already - go for the Professional Mini Headlamp - the WorkStar® 500 DROID Technician's Rechargeable Mini Headlamp from MAXXEON.
- LED Brightness (Luminous Flux):
- High: 400 lumens
- Low: 160 lumens
- LED: Custom Array (7 x 3030 SMD)
- Color: Daylight White (5500-5700K)
- Power: 3.5 W
- CRI: Ra 80
- Beam Ratio: 7 LEDs arranged in a square pattern + a custom designed lens creates a round floodlight beam - no rings, no shadows, no hot spots
- Beam diameter to distance ratio is about 1:1, meaning for example, the beam diameter is about 2 ft wide when the light is 2 ft from an object
- ANSI FL-1 beam throw is 124 ft (38 m)
- Head Pivot: Light head aims forward and securely pivots down 72 degrees through 6 indented positions
- Power/Brightness Switch: Sealed power switch on top of light cycles through Low-High-Off...
- Battery Included: 3.7V, 1600mAh LiPo (Li-ion Polymer) rechargeable battery; USB recharging cord included
- Run Time:
- High: 2 hours
- Low: 5 hours
- Recharge Time: 2 hours
- Battery Life and Charge Indicator: 4 green LEDs work in 25% increments to show the battery level while in use and while charging
- Charging Input: Micro USB
- Body Material: ABS and TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer)
- Headband: Nylon with easy head size adjustment
- Headrest: Comfortable soft PE (Polyethylene) foam pad
- Dimensions: 2-5/8" x 1-7/8" x 1-1/4" (6.7 x 4.7 x 3.2 cm)
- Total Weight: 3.8 oz (107.7 grams)
- Headlamp: 2.9 oz (82.2 grams)
- Headband: 0.9 oz (25.5 grams)
- Temperature: 15ºF to 105ºF (-10ºC to +40ºC)
- Ingress Protection: IP65 = dust tight + waterproof to water jets and rain
- Impact Test: IK07 = 2 J
- Drop Test: 6 ft (2 m)
- WorkStar® 500 DROID
- USB/micro USB cable
- Warranty: 1 year against manufacturing defects
- Prop 65: Complies with California Proposition 65