Makita XOP02T 18V LXT Li‑Ion Cordless 5" & 6" Dual Action Random Polisher Kit
Makita® Polishers are preferred by automotive detailers and marine enthusiasts, and the 18V LXT® Brushless Cordless 5" & 6" Dual Action Random Orbit Polisher Kit (XOP02T) is packed with enhanced features for consistent performance, job after job. The dual action control offers “random orbit with forced rotation” or “random orbit with free rotation”, and the variable speed control dial has five speed settings so users are able to set the speed and action to the application. The cordless design eliminates the hassle of cord management and accidental marring of delicate surfaces.
Additional performance features include an electronic controller that automatically applies additional power to maintain constant speed, even under load, and also provides soft start for smoother start-ups and longer gear life. It is ideal for commercial-duty polishing applications. The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT® system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion batteries. Makita® 18V Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita® 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Ideal solution for a variety of polishing applications where mobility is important
- Battery operated Dual Action Polisher offers selectable Random Orbit with Forced Rotation or Free Spin Rotation
- Dual power mode: High power delivers corded power for correcting & low power delivers extended run-time for polishing applications
- Cordless design eliminates the hassle of cord management and accidental marring of delicate surfaces
- High Capacity BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; Variable (0-780) RPM and (0-6,800) OPM
- Electronic Controller with constant speed control which automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Electronic Controller with soft start designed to suppress start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Conveniently located variable speed control dial with 5 speed settings (1,600 - 6,800) OPM
- Variable speed power trigger provides added control in various applications
- Rubberized tool rest positions over gear housing and battery are designed to help protect delicate surfaces from potential damage
- Ergonomically designed knob handle provides added precision and control in a variety of applications
- Power switch lock-on is conveniently located for continuous use and increased operator comfort
- Anti-restart protection is engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with power switch locked-on
- Wire mesh air vent intake covers help prevent pad fibers from entering the motor
- Equipped with 5" and 6" hook & loop pad backing plates
- Weighs only 7.9 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B, features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers